MOST CULTURE-FRIENDLY CITY IN THE PHILIPPINES
ONE OF THE 20 MOST LIVABLE CITIES IN ASIA
- In the annual survey made by Asiaweek on the 40 Best cities in Asia, Davao City has unfailingly made it to the top for four consecutive years (1996-1999).
THE PHILIPPINES’ MOST LIVABLE CITY
- One of the Only Three Areas in the World to have the Integrated emergency Response System 911 as Top 25 Best Practices in the Philippines
- Davao City is one of only three areas in world, after the United States and Canada to have the Integrated Emergency Response System 911, a fully computerized response system linking the people of the city to the emergency resources of the government.
- Davao City received an award for its Project 911 from the League of Cities in the Philippines in 2003, as one of the Top 25 Best Practices in the Philippines.
TOP DESTINATION OF THE YEAR
- Kalakbay Awards (1997)
CLEANEST AND GREENEST HIGHLY-URBANIZED CITY IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Davao City received an award of excellence from the Office of the President as the 1st Runner-up in the Cleanest and Greenest Highly-Urbanized City in the Philippines-Gawad Pangulo sa Kapaligiran Awards 2004, and the second runner up for three consecutive years in 2001-2003.
CLEANEST AND GREENEST CITY IN 1999
- Davao City was awarded the Cleanest and Greenest City in 1999 for its clean and green program that focus on environmental rehabilitation, protection and conservation, intensification of solid waste management program, pollution control, re-greening of the urban areas, forest and watershed management.
MOST CHILD-FRIENDLE CITY IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Davao City came out the runaway choice for the coveted spot in the first-ever selection of the Most Child-Friendly City in the Philippines in 1988 and 1999 due to its local government’s programs and initiatives directly benefiting the children.
- It has also won nods for the initiative to pass a landmark legislation- the Davao City Children’s Welfare Code of 1994, the first of its kind in the country, specifically geared towards addressing the rights, services and protection of children, therefore upholding their welfare and interests in high regard.
MOST COMPETITIVE CITY TO DO BUSINESS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- In 2002, Davao City was recognized as the Most Competitive City to do Business in the Philippines by the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) Policy Center and the Department of Trade and Industry in their assessment of Philippine Cities Competitiveness. In 2003, Davao was also chosen 3rd Most Competitive Metro City in the Philippine Cities Competitiveness ranking.
MOST GENDER RESPONSIVE LGU IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Gawad Galing Pook 2004 Awardee
- National Commission on the Rights for Women (NCRFW) Award for
Gender Responsive Local Governance 2005
HALL OF FAME, BEST PEACE AND ORDER COUNCIL IN THE PHILIPPINES
- The National Peace and Order Council of the National Police Commission placed Davao City in the Hall of Fame in 2004 for winning Best Peace and Order Council in Region XI for three consecutive years (1999-2002). It is recognition of Davao City’s sustained and exemplary accomplishments in implementing programs and projects of the Peace and Order Councils (POC’S) at various levels.
MOST OUTSTANDING LGU: Regional Literacy Awards and 2nd Place in the 2005 National Literacy Awards
- The Department of Education hailed Davao City as the “Most Outstanding Local Government Unit” in the 2005 National Literacy Awards”, all under the Highly Urbanized City Category.
REGIONAL GREEN BANNER AWARDEE
- The National Nutrition Council of the Department of Agriculture awarded Davao City the “2004 Regional Green Banner” in recognition of the City Nutrition Committee’s exemplary performance in managing the nutrition program of the city, thereby contributing to the improvement of the nutritional status of its constituents.
TOP GOVERNMENT WITHOLDING AGENT
- The Department of Finance, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Revenue Region 19, Revenue District No. 113, Davao City recognized the City Government for its invaluable support and contribution to RDO 113 as the “Top Government Withholding Agent” by making substantial tax payment-an act of patriotism worthy of recognition and commendation.
TOP TOURIST DESTINATION IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Davao City was chosen “Destination of the Year” by the Kalakbay Awards in 1997.
MOST OUTSTANDING CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND IN ASIA PACIFIC REGION
- The Davao City Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (DCCII) was bestowed the “ Most Outstanding Chamber Award for 2005” . DCCII was likewise recognized as the “Best Chamber in the Asia-Pacific Region” during a selection held in New Delhi in 2005.
MOST OUTSTANDING KBP CHAPTER IN THE PHILIPPINES
- The Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster ng Pilipinas acknowledged its Davao City local chapter as the “Best KBP Chapter for 2004.” It was once again given recognition for winning “2nd Place for the Best Local Chapter Report.”
CLEANEST AIR IN THE WORLD-MEMBER OF THE CLEAN CITIES COALITION
- In 2005, Davao City was launched as the second pilot area of the Clean Cities Program (CCP) implemented by the Sustainable Energy Development Program (SEDP), in partnership with the US Department of Energy (USDOE) and the US Agency for International Development (USAID).